Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Big First Post

    Monumental, right?
  I guess I can just jump right into it. My name is Kayla Golden, and I'm from Collierville, Tennessee. I say this because I chose to come to Memphis College of Art mostly out of convenience, since home is only about 40 minutes away from here, and I got a few in-state scholarships that I wanted to take advantage of. I'm not set in stone, but I think I want to major in Illustration. I've always been a huge nerd, and I love comic books and video games. After I get my degree, I'd like to move on to doing something like concept art for said games, or illustration for comics and/or graphic novels. Whatever I decide to do, I need to improve my work, so that's what I'm here for.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Kayla. Certainly nothing wrong with being a comic book nerd. I was one myself once, though I can't so much afford the habit these days. Here's to a good, productive semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm flipping between Illustration and Sequential Narrative myself...I think I'm going to go ahead and do sequential....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kittyJ
    I'm doing the same thing. They overlap! It's a weird decision to make. I was leaning really hard on Sequential Narrative until I started thinking about game art.

    ReplyDelete